Rusty Moore Provides Update on Criminal Case, Says It Has Been Dismissed

Rusty Moore says his criminal case stemming from his 2024 arrest in Minnesota has been completely dismissed. The announcement is the latest development in the legal proceedings stemming from the 2024 traffic stop.

In a recent update posted to his GoFundMe campaign, Moore announced what he described as good news for supporters.

“I have some good news: my criminal case has been completely dismissed!” Moore wrote in the update.

Moore said he is now preparing to move forward and seek what he believes is justice for an unfair traffic stop and the events that followed. He also said he plans to meet with attorneys and review his options before determining the best steps forward.

Moore’s statement provides his account of what happened with the criminal case. However, although the GoFundMe update refers to a court order, case number and dismissal date, Presence News has not independently verified those details through the underlying criminal court record. Consequently, Presence News has not independently verified the specific disposition of the criminal case or the legal grounds for the dismissal.

The new development follows a separate legal proceeding involving Moore’s driver’s license that the Minnesota Court of Appeals decided in 2025.

The 2024 Traffic Stop

On May 31, 2024, Moore was taken into custody due to a stop by police in Minnesota.

As per the Minnesota Court of Appeals, a citizen called to report that a tan sedan was “swerving on the road” as it traveled toward Little Falls on Highway 27. In response, a police officer from Little Falls pulled over the vehicle after noting a faulty taillight, a cracked windshield, and what he termed as “erratic driving” in the lane.

A Minnesota State Patrol trooper then spoke with Moore and reported observing signs she believed indicated possible impairment. The court record says Moore told the trooper that he had a prescription for Adderall and had taken the medication that morning.

The trooper conducted several field sobriety tests. The appellate opinion says Moore’s preliminary breath test showed a 0.000 alcohol concentration. A subsequent blood test detected amphetamine at 0.034 milligrams per liter.

The trooper arrested Moore for DWI, and the Minnesota Department of Public Safety revoked his driver’s license. Moore challenged the revocation, arguing that he took his medication as prescribed and was not impaired while driving.

Court of Appeals Previously Addressed Driver’s-License Revocation

On August 25, 2025, the Minnesota Court of Appeals gave its nonprecedential ruling on the matter of Moore’s license revocation.

The case involved Rusty James Moore vs. Commissioner of Public Safety, in which Moore raised objections to the fact of license revocation, as well as his prescription drug argument.

The appellate court affirmed the district court’s decision sustaining the revocation of Moore’s driver’s license. The court found that Moore’s driving was impaired and therefore did not need to decide whether he used Adderall as prescribed. The opinion was designated nonprecedential.

The court’s opinion discussed evidence presented during the earlier proceedings, including observations of Moore’s driving, the trooper’s observations during the traffic stop, and Moore’s performance on field sobriety tests. The district court had also considered testimony from Moore, the trooper, squad-car video, and information concerning Moore’s medication.

There is an important distinction between that decision and Moore’s latest announcement.

The appellate case concerned the revocation of Moore’s driver’s license. The opinion itself states that the record did not include the criminal complaint or identify the statute Moore allegedly violated.

The appellate decision, therefore, should not be treated as a ruling on the disposition of the separate criminal case. It concerned the driver’s-license revocation proceeding.

That distinction is particularly relevant now that Moore says his criminal case has been dismissed.

Moore Says He Will Meet With Attorneys

In his GoFundMe update, Moore said the reported dismissal allows him to begin considering his next steps.

He wrote that he will be meeting with attorneys and “sorting through everything” to determine the best steps forward.

Moore also said he does not expect the process to happen overnight but expressed optimism about moving forward.

He described the traffic stop as unfair and said he wants to seek what he considers justice for what happened.

Those statements are Moore’s characterization of the events and should not be treated as independent findings that the traffic stop or arrest was unlawful.

The update does not identify any lawsuit that has already been filed against law enforcement or other parties. It instead indicates that Moore is consulting with attorneys and determining his next steps.

Financial Difficulties Continue

Although Moore described the dismissal as good news, he said the financial difficulties he associates with the situation have continued.

In the update, Moore said his car remains out of commission. He said that without the vehicle, getting to work and meeting with attorneys has become difficult.

Moore also said he is trying to catch up on bills and mentioned an upcoming birthday and spending time with his family.

His GoFundMe campaign, titled “Help Rusty Fight Unjust Arrest & CDL Loss,” remains active. The fundraiser’s description identifies the May 31, 2024 arrest as the central event and says Moore believes the arrest was unlawful.

What Comes Next for Moore

Moore’s dismissal claim is distinct from the 2025 appellate proceeding, which addressed his driver’s-license revocation rather than the disposition of the criminal case.

The next developments could include Moore meeting with attorneys or pursuing other legal action, although his GoFundMe update does not identify any specific lawsuit he has filed.

For readers following the case, the distinction between the criminal case and the driver’s-license proceeding remains important.

Moore now says his criminal case has been completely dismissed. Separately, the Minnesota Court of Appeals affirmed the revocation of Moore’s driver’s license in a separate license proceeding.

Moore’s latest update suggests he considers the dismissal a turning point. He thanked supporters for their donations and said he intends to keep them informed as his legal journey continues.

For now, Moore’s announcement remains unverified by the underlying criminal court record.

The announcement nevertheless represents a new development for readers who have followed Moore’s original arrest and subsequent legal proceedings.

Sources:

Minnesota Court of Appeals. Rusty James Moore v. Commissioner of Public Safety, No. A24-1896 (Aug. 25, 2025).

GoFundMe. “Help Rusty Fight Unjust Arrest & CDL Loss.”

Presence News. “Rusty Moore DWI: Original Coverage of the Minnesota Case.” Presence News.

Editor’s Disclaimer: This article reports on statements made by Rusty Moore regarding the reported dismissal of a criminal case stemming from his 2024 arrest in Minnesota. At the time of publication, Presence News had not independently verified the underlying criminal court record confirming the dismissal or the specific legal grounds for it. The article therefore attributes the dismissal claim to Moore and distinguishes it from the separate 2025 Minnesota Court of Appeals proceeding concerning the revocation of his driver’s license. Statements regarding the fairness or legality of the traffic stop and arrest reflect Moore’s characterization of events and are not presented as independent findings by Presence News.

William Barber

William Barber is an Editor and freelance journalist with Presence News based in Jackson, Mississippi. He regularly reports on community news, business, wellness, culture, entertainment, and human-interest stories throughout Mississippi while helping maintain the publication’s editorial standards. Before joining Presence News, William built professional experience in journalism, librarianship, copywriting, and digital publishing. As a certified copywriter, he has written hundreds of articles spanning wellness media, blogs, digital campaigns, scholarly publications, and poetry. One of his most recognized contributions to Presence News is DDPY: The Workout That’s Changing Lives, which became one of the publication’s most-viewed articles. Through his reporting, William has gained recognition within his local community for covering businesses, nonprofit organizations, entrepreneurs, artists, and community leaders making a positive impact. As an Editor, he has publishing authority at Presence News and works closely with contributors to ensure articles are accurate, informative, and aligned with the organization’s commitment to original, people-first journalism. One of William’s long-term goals is to relocate to New York City, where he hopes to provide regular on-the-ground coverage of local news, business, culture, and community events for Presence News. Story ideas, press releases, and editorial inquiries can be sent to william@presencenews.org More by William Barber

More from Presence News:

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top